Monday 22 August 2011

Getting lost

It's horrible being lost. Of course, there are different types of lostness. There is the one where you are physically lost, where you are wandering around (or driving around) and have no idea how to get to your destination. That's a bit easier to overcome than the other types. Usually, what happens in this situation you find a nice person to give you directions (or see a road sign or something else that points you in the right direction). You arrive at your destination, and all is well.

It's a bit more complicated if you are lost in an emotional, mental or spiritual sense. There aren't any obvious road signs, or maps telling you how to get to where you want to be. What happens if you don't know where you want to be? Ever since I was challenged a few weeks ago about wasting my potential, I've been thinking about my life. About where I'm going, and how I'm going to get there. I really don't have the faintest idea how things are going to turn out, but I think as long as I'm doing the things I love, with the people I care about, then I'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment