Tuesday 14 June 2011

Fantasy Come Dine With Me

I was thinking earlier about what my fantasy dinner party line up of people living or dead would be (obviously as this is fantasy the dead people would be miraculously restored to life). I have toyed over the years with various line ups, however I have now decided that were I to host a Come Dine with Me-style dinner party my guest list would be as follows:

Mary Queen of Scots She was married three times, was Queen of France and Scotland and led a very interesting life (with a horribly tragic end but lets not dwell on that).

Jane Austen I love Jane Austen's books. There is a real timeless quality about her writing. I loved being in Bath and seeing some of the places she wrote about.

Johnny Cash I wish he was still alive so I could go and see him in concert. I am madly jealous of people who have had that opportunity. His voice is so distinctive and I find it quite soothing. My favourite song of his is the cover of the Nine Inch Nails song 'Hurt.' There is so much raw emotion in his voice and the lyrics are very moving.

Colin Firth Who wouldn't want to have Colin Firth at their fantasy Come Dine With Me dinner party? He would be the perfect guest.

Well that is my Come Dine With Me line up. I would imagine that I would cook something with French/Scottish/English/American influences. And entertainment would be provided by Johnny Cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment